We started in 2012

Our story

The founder of our company and active manager Murat Soysal started building model cities when he was 8 years old. By the age of 18, his imaginary cities no longer fit in his room. He worked for a multinational advertising agency for many years as a director. Afterwards he decided to become a professional model maker. The production of the first example of ‘’Technological Model-making’’ ‘’Istanbul, Sirkeci Today Exhibition’’ started in 2012 and was completed in 2014.

At this point, he strayed away from traditional model making techniques and started making use of electronic circuits, stepper motors, software and 3D printers. Thus, his models started moving. Today Modelport continues to build model exhibition projects which impress and surprise visitors of all ages.

Prototypes

Cups of Coffee

Hesitation

Theme Exhibits 87 Times Smaller Than Real Life

 

Modelport is a company that produces technological model exhibitions. Inspired by the events, cities and civilizations that shaped world history in the past, as well as the new settlements and life dynamics awaiting our world in the future, Modelport builds small animated model exhibits 87 times smaller than real life dimensions. Modelport’s exhibitions present a vision of entertainment, culture, art, history, architecture and awareness to visitors of all age groups.

Years of preparation and work are spent for each exhibition project; hundreds of sources are examined, expert opinions are taken into consideration. Architectural drawings of models are made from scratch. 3D printing machines print non-stop. Modelers color the models by hand, a very time-consuming and meticulous endeavor. Programmers produce software to animate the cities or historical events to be re-enacted as they are in reality. Technicians adapt mechanical systems to models. The resulting model exhibits are exactly the same as real ones of much larger dimensions.

Modelport has presented its first exhibition “16-19th Century Istanbul Historical Peninsula model Exhibition” to public at Istanbul’s Miniaturk Museum’s exclusive exhibition hall. Simultaneously six new model exhibitions are in production.

In Murat Soysal’s words

 

Modelport’s Manifesto

Modelport represent a synergy which brings architecture, technical drawing, model making, electronics, software and graphic design together to create ‘’technological model making.’’
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Modelport respects expert model makers around the world and does not claim to be ‘’best in detail.’’ However, guarantees that the total visual impact of its exhibitions will present visitors with an unmatched viewing experience.
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Modelport, studies a myriad of archival sources, reads, takes notes, consults experts before going into production of its models. Has its own extensive printed and digital library which is always growing. Presents its viewers with all the sources for its exhibitions.
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Modelport scales all the models to be produced to their exact dimensions. Drawings are made on architectural software.
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Since its foundation in 2014, Modelport has been producing 90% of the models on its own 3D printers. The remaining 10% is produced by a mix of techniques.
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Modelport procures its own wireless automation systems and tests countless prototypes to make sure they are durable and dependable. The most successful system is implemented in the exhibition. Patent applications have been made for most of these systems.
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Modelport, realizes each exhibition or show as a result of months/years of hard work, care and creativity. Spends enormous effort and thinking for each square centimeter of its models.
January 01, 2021
12 AM
Modelport carries out its business by taking all protection and warning measures in its workshops for the safety of its employees.
January 01, 2021
12 AM

3 + 10 =